Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Pity Party Part of Me






Well I had to admit it sometime. I like to feel sorry for myself. It is a really comforting feeling to feel sad for yourself (especially when nobody else does!). Occasionally (and I have to admit, more infrequently now) I take some time for myself to be really utterly miserable. I need it. In my case misery does not love company, but loves to be completely alone and completely desperately depressed. Misery loves to eat, cry and eat some more. The more tissues I can get through the better. Usually I go through my 'basket case'. This basket is filled with things that make me miserable, such as all Riley's treasured possessions, photo albums, toys and letters sent to me after his death. I find them excruciatingly sad and bask in the melancholy feelings. I put on my saddest films, like Beaches, Steel Magnolias and Fried Green Tomatoes. I listen to all the music from my son's Funeral and eat chips and lolly snakes and ice-cream. Sometimes I smoke half a packet of cigarettes. It is miserable bliss. It keeps me 'normal' for a little while longer, gets all the disgusting thoughts about myself out until the next time. MMMMmm, something to look forward to you think!!


4 comments:

  1. Occasional pity wallowing is good for the soul.
    Wallow away.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Amy's comment. I wallow too sometimes. Someone's got to do it and no one but no one will allow us to do it outright. They want us to hide. I'm a firm believer in bursting into tears and making everyone uncomfortable. Try that too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love you..love POD..even love Amy..can't see you in PIty though..not in that brilliant blue flowered dress from last Thursday..how come you didn't loan it to me for the wedding..would have been wonderful..

    actually, seeing your smiling face did make the world work for me..and your bouquet sits right now beside me..cheering me ..although I have to admit I don't need cheering at the moment..

    hugs..and go pity all you want..we love you straight on through it..

    ReplyDelete
  4. When will we be reading from you again? Kids got you buried?
    Thanks for your comments about the "dryness."
    That subject was thrilling to attempt to portray.

    ReplyDelete