Wednesday, February 11, 2009

floods, fires and feeling sorry for one's self







To all those who read my winges and whines in the last post, let's just remember that life can be pretty tragic for some and my mojo doesn't even factor into it. In Australia we have had some devastating bush fires, well firestorms really, that have wiped out whole communities and caused a lot of emotional turmoil. The stories are too horrific and many people down south have suffered unspeakable terror. I am still getting my head around all this pain and suffering. Up north we have some floods that have caused alot of damage and taken possessions and lives with them. I get to sleep in my soft bed, shop in my local supermarket, cuddle my husband and son, and not have to worry about starting my life all over again.....and when teaching my lovelies, I don't have to take my baby on my back!! What a cutie he is!!!

P.S click on the firestorm picture to see it in more focus, it is humbling.....we really are a speck on humanity aren't we?



2 comments:

  1. There certainly seems to be tremendous suffering in this life & world of ours. Thank goodness for laughter, chocolate and water and self-pity. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the photos!!

    I just put a croc story on my blog because a little humor goes a long way at a time like this. I sit in front of the ABC news and drip tears each evening. Did you hear the story of the 97 yr. old who has stayed and survived three bushfires in Gippsland in his lifetime? Amazing resiliency you Aussies have.

    ReplyDelete